Terms and Conditions
DanceLife Unite takes pride in being a fair and professional competition. Please read all the rules, regulations and guidelines carefully, making sure that everyone in your dance studio/group is across them.
Submitting Your Music
- All CD’s must be of good quality, clearly labelled (dance studio name, section, competitor number and AMCOS number), and only one track of music per CD. No Tapes.
- You are requested to submit a back-up CD with your original on the day in a double pouch CD case.
- Music is to be submitted when you arrive at the venue by handing your CD to the Session Manager in the foyer. Check your schedule for arrival times.
- Pre recorded tap sounds will not be permitted on CDs in Tap categories.
- Singing or vocals are permitted on the backing track for Entertainment category and only in the dancing section of your routine in Song and Dance. No vocals are permitted during the parts when your group is singing.
- It is recommended that you bring a spare copy of your music on CD with you to the competition.
- Age of competitors will be taken from the 1st of January 2013. *Please note this is NEW for 2013.
- Age limits for all sections must be strictly adhered to.
- Age limits are not based on the average age of your troupe.
- 5 Points will be deducted if groups do not perform in scheduled sequence. If you have any scheduling queries please contact us.
- You must be ready to perform at least 3 acts before yours, unless you have permission from the DanceLife Unite Directors in writing before the day of competition.
- Schools can enter two groups in the same section. If you have an extra routine our suggestion would be to place this in the Entertainment Section. If a school enters a section that needs to be combined with another section due to lack of entries there may be three routines from the one school in one section.
- All routines and costumes must be appropriate for family viewing.
- Groups will be responsible for preparing and removing all props in a timely manner.
- Simple hand held props are allowed but no props that need assembly on site including scenery are permitted without prior written approval from a DanceLife Staff Member.
- There is limited backstage crossover at the Science Theatre. In the interests of safety, dance choreography if possible must allow (once dancers are positioned either side) for entry and exit from the same side.
- Any discrepancy in score sheets must be brought to the attention of a DanceLife Unite Staff member on that day of competition.
- No protest will be accepted after the day of competition. Only Studio Directors will be permitted to approach the DanceLife Unite Staff concerning any problems, if they may arise.
- All participants grant permission to DanceLife Unite, to use their photographs and/or short video clips to appear on/in local and/ or National media to promote the event.
- Groups are to adhere to the specified time limits. Groups of 6/U, 8/U and 10/U have a time limit of 4 minutes. Groups of 12/U, 14/U and 16/U have a time limit of 5 minutes. A 6 minute time limit applies to Open Age sections only.
- A 5-point deduction will apply to any act that runs more than 5 seconds overtime.
- No correspondence will be entered into any act that has points deducted for overtime or for any other reason, please check
Awards & Prizes
- Workshops, cash prizes along with sponsored awards (gift vouchers) and ribbons will be awarded.
- Written reports for all competitors that can be collected after each session from the Session Manager. We do not post out awards or score sheets.
- DanceLife Unite ribbons for placing troupe members (6/U – 12/U).
Use of Video recorders/Cameras
- Use of video cameras, photo cameras, smart phones, Ipads and other image or movement recording devices are strictly prohibited within the auditorium. DanceLife Unite Staff Members reserve the right to take the videotape being used and/or disqualify the relevant troupe.
- Teachers, please inform parents and students of this rule.
General Entry Conditions
- All entries must be accompanied with full payment. 2013 entries now accepted ONLINE with PayPal payment. Direct bank transfer if emailed entry or cheque if posted. Entries close Friday 1st March 2013.
- There will be a $25 charge (plus any bank fees) if DanceLife Unite receives a cheque back from the bank as unpaid for whatever reason, from any studio.
- All cheques payable to DanceLife.
- Entry fees are not refundable, entries are transferable to another section if received before the close of entry date.
- Sportsman like behaviour is expected at all times.
- Dressing Room facilities are very limited at the Science Theatre. Entrants are therefore requested to come as pre-prepared as possible, make up completed.
- Any studio or student that abuses dressing rooms will be disqualified.
- A cleaning fee of $200 minimum will be charged to any studio leaving dressing rooms/areas untidy.
- DanceLife Unite and the University of NSW, are not responsible for any property loss or injury to any persons attending the event and lost property will be left at the venue for your collection.
- Entrants perform at their own risk. Entrants agree that they are of good health and fitness and physically able to participate.
- DanceLife Unite reserves the right to add or delete competition days, or move competition location, due to unforeseen circumstances and entries will not be refunded if DanceLife Unite extends dates.
- DanceLife Unite reserves the right to cancel any section with fewer than six entries have been received. In this case the Director may place the competitor in the next higher age group section, or refund entry fee.
- The Judges decision in accordance with the rules is final.
- If a Judge is unable to perform his or her duties, DanceLife Unite reserves the right to appoint a substitute without notice.
- All entries are taken on first come basis, we also reserve the right to refuse any entry.
- Please send all entries early to avoid disappointment. Teachers are asked to send all studio entries together, with one cheque enclosed with total amount payable.
- Please ensure you enter the correct categories. A $8.00 charge fee for each change will automatically apply.
- All mailed or emailed entries must be on the official DanceLife Unite entry form. Please duplicate if necessary. Entries for 2013 can be done completely ONLINE for your convenience.
- Entry forms must be fully completed.
- Incorrect acts in a category will result in a 5-point deduction. This will be up to the decision of the judges and/or the DanceLife Unite Directors.
- A schedule will be emailed to each participating studio at least 4 weeks prior to the event, listing the times and events for all sections.
- Programs will be posted 14 days prior to the event. You are requested to order a program with your entries as limited will be on sale at the event. It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of your performance schedule and times.
SYDNEY COMPETITION SHOWCASE
Throughout the course of the SYDNEY DanceLife competition, judges will choose acts from each session to compete in a ‘Finals’ or ‘Showcase’ Round for major prizes including $1,000 cash for the winning studio of both the Junior and Senior Divisions. Many prize categories are on offer with exciting rewards. The Showcase will be held as the final session of the Sydney competition.
DANCELIFE UNITE NATIONAL COMPETITION
- DanceLife and DanceLife Unite are committed to supporting the Dance community.
- Proudly we announce DanceLife Unite will offer a NATIONAL ELITE CHAMPIONSHIP COMPETITION in 2013 with exceptional awards on offer.
- Further details, rules & regulations regarding the DanceLife Unite National Competition will be forwarded to you upon our receipt of your Sydney Regional entries.