SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS, PROTEGE @ DLU Finals – JANUARY 2022!
The DanceLife Team are looking forward to welcoming you to FINALS! We have a COVID-SAFE plan which will be shared with all entrants closer to the event in order to reflect current circumstances and Government guidelines. By entering our event you agree to adhere to relevant Covid-Safe plans in the interests of all participating parties together with our Terms & Conditions of entry.
We are excited to announce new details for DanceLife Unite Finals! The dates are 24th-25th January 2022. Finals and Grand Final for Solos, Duo/Trios & Protege will now be held at Orion Function Centre, Campsie.
Qualifying Updates …
SOLOISTS & DUO/TRIO entrants must still have QUALIFIED before being eligible to enter Finals. Dancers entering Protege Final Championships do NOT need to have done Protege Regional Championships this season however must still have qualified for Protege at Finals by competing in at least 3x Final routine sections. No repeats for Protege except for 8&U sections (this is new for 2021).
Dancers competing in Solo & Duo/Trio events can qualify for Finals by any of the following means this season:
- Competing at a Live Event
- Competing in an Online Heat – Online Heat One (March/April), Online Heat Two (May/June), Online Heat Three (July/August), Online Heat Four (October/November).
New ‘TITLES’ @ DLU FINALS for all genres of dance:
- This season DLU introduces ‘TITLE AWARDS’ @ Finals. This is NOT an extra performed section, it is a NOMINATION for consideration for a TITLE AWARD in the relevant genre category for your age group.
- TITLE AWARDS are available for consideration in the following genres & age groups:
- Ballet, Lyrical, Contemporary, Tap, Hip Hop, Show Dancers, Newcomer
- 6&U, 8&U, 10&U, 12&U, 14&U, 15&O
SOLOISTS, DUOS/TRIOS & PROTEGE
- Finals entries are NOW OPEN for QUALIFIED ENTRANTS!
- FINAL TITLES – remember to compete for Major Grand Champion Titles, Soloists MUST ENTER the Protégé Final Championship in their age category. To compete in the Protégé section, dancers must compete in a minimum of THREE Finals sections as well as the Protégé Championshto TEN GRAND FINALISTS based on point score will be chosen from the Protégé Championship section to progress to the Grand Final to compete for Major Prizes.
- Due to the current government overseas travel restrictions, our Grand Champion Major Prizes will this year consist of CASH, SCHOLARSHIPS and SPONSORED PRIZES.
- Every Dancer @ Finals must also purchase a PERFORMER’S WRISTBAND (also known as ‘REGISTRATION BAND’).
- Registration covers Programming, Insurance, Spectating (except Grand Final) Workshops for relevant age groups (from Junior & above this season).
- NEW for this season is an option for dancers of MINI (6&u) and PETITE (8&U) age groups to purchase registration without workshops included at a slightly reduced rate ($65+gst). Dancers of this age group who DO wish to take workshops can purchase the Junior workshop option for an additional $10.
- REMEMBER, YOU MUST REGISTER and then ALSO enter ALL of the sections you wish to compete in.
*Please note, REGISTRATION does NOT automatically enter you into competition sections. Registration covers your Performer’s Wristband which allows access to workshops, stage access to compete, spectating where possible due to capacity restrictions (excludes Grand Final). You must enter the sections you wish to compete in SEPARATELY to REGISTRATION.
You must complete BOTH OF THE STEPS LISTED BELOW for your entry to be valid):
- REGISTER as a Final Performer first – cost is $65+gst (for MINI & PETITE without Workshops).
- ENTER EACH SECTION you wish to compete in (you must have qualified in one of our Regional or Online Heats in each genre you are entering with the exception of Improvisation, Protege, or our NEW ‘Titles’ Categories).
- Solos $85+gst each
- Duo/Trio $95+gst each
- Protégé $95+gst
- Improvisation $45+gst each
- Title Award Entry $25+gst each
Performers Wristbands for SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS will be available for collection at DanceLife Unite Finals upon check-in for your first event at FINALS – Orion Function Centre, Campsie.
STEP 1 – REGISTER AS A DLU FINAL DANCER – JUNIOR & Above Aged Dancers – HERE
PLEASE READ FIRST before completing your entry/ies for Finals!
By entering a DanceLife Unite event you confirm you have read accepted our Terms and Conditions relating to competition and performance as provided on this website and are willing to adhere to all updated Covid-Safety plans and protocols.
ENTRIES WILL CLOSE FOR SOLO, DUO/TRIO FINALS WHEN SOLD OUT!
ALL STUDENTS AGES TAKEN AT 1ST JANUARY 2021 (as this Final Event relates to the 2021 Season).
STEP 2 – ENTER YOUR FINAL SECTIONS BELOW
SOLOS @ FINALS – ENTER HERE
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 as a DanceLife Unite Final Dancer before completing this section.
PROTEGE FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP – ENTER HERE
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1, HAVE QUALIFIED & ENTERED 3x SOLOS (Improvs not counted as qualifiers) before being eligible for this section. The Protégé Finals Championship dance is ‘Any Style’ and MUST BE a different routine to any performed in your Solo Sections (except for MINI 6&U or PETITE 8&U where a dancer can repeat a routine) *This is NEW for 2021.
DUO/TRIO @ FINALS – ENTER HERE
All DUO/TRIO MEMBERS MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 before completing this section.
$20.00 ‘SHIPPING AND HANDLING’ FEE ADDED AT CHECKOUT IS FOR ADMINISTRATION RELATING TO PROGRAMMING FOR DANCELIFE UNITE FINALS PROGRAM. THIS COVERS ALL COMMUNICATION & PROGRAMMING RELATING TO THIS EVENT.
PLEASE NOTE ALL ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO GST. GST WILL BE ADDED AT PAYPAL CHECKOUT
SPECTATOR’S ENTRY WILL BE AVAILABLE CLOSER TO THE EVENT