SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS & ‘Face of Capezio’ @ DanceLife Unite Nationals – January 2021!
The DanceLife Team are looking forward to welcoming you to NATIONALS with a difference this season! We have a COVID-SAFE plan which will be shared with all entrants closer to the event in order to reflect current circumstances and relevant restrictions. By entering our event you agree to adhere to relevant Covid-Safe plans in the interests of all participating parties together with our Terms & Conditions of entry.
We are excited to announce new details for DanceLife Unite Nationals! The dates are the same being January 17th-21st, 2021 (as advertised for Solo Nationals since 2019) however due to Covid considerations regarding venue capacity restrictions etc, we are now holding the National Finals and Grand Finals for all events, including Troupes (Large & Small) at Sydney Olympic Park (Netball Central).
Qualifying Updates …
SOLOISTS, DUOS/TRIOS & FACE OF CAPEZIO entrants must still have QUALIFIED before being eligible to enter Nationals. Qualified dancers who enter Nationals from all around Australia and New Zealand will be able to compete at Nationals, regardless of whether NSW State or Australian International borders are open. We will be utilizing the wonders of technology to facilitate remote competition and participation in all our events. Once you have entered, we will let you know all of the details if this applies to you!
Dancers competing in Solo, Duo/Trio or Face of Capezio events can qualify for Nationals by any of the following means this season:
- Competing in an Online Heat – we have run 3 online heats so far and are currently in an extended ONLINE HEAT 4 which will close on 31st October. This heat still gives critiques & prizes for Solos, Duos/Trios and Qualification status for ‘Face of Capezio’ entrants. After the completion of Online Heat 4, there will be just ONE more opportunity to qualify via an online heat and that is the LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER which will run throughout November. For the LCQ, there are NO CRITIQUES or PRIZES … it is literally a qualifying round only and does not cover any of your National competition fees.
- *Please note, an Online Heat is the ONLY way to Qualify for Duos/Trios or Face of Capezio events.
- Competing at a Live Event – as COVID restrictions have prevented us from running our regular season of Live Events across the country, we have just TWO upcoming events for you to qualify your Solos at: ADELAIDE – 22&23 October, OR SYDNEY – 28&29 November.
- Use your 2020 DLU Credit – if you entered a DLU Regional Solo event and it has been cancelled; OR, you are unable or unwilling to enter an Online Heat for any reason; FOR THIS SEASON ONLY, you may EXCHANGE your DLU CREDIT for QUALIFICATION. Please note: This is NOT a credit towards National Entry Fees. It is specifically an exchange of your credit for ‘Qualification’ in order to be fair to the dancers who have entered and paid for online heats or will dance live to qualify (at their regional entry fee costs).
Entering Nationals Updates …
SOLOISTS, DUOS/TRIOS & FACE OF CAPEZIO
- Nationals entries are NOW OPEN!
- If you are intending to Qualify via either the Live Adelaide or Sydney Regional, you may STILL REGISTER & ENTER YOUR NATIONALS EVENTS NOW to secure your discounted Registration by Friday 16th October.
- NATIONAL TITLES – remember to compete for Major Grand Champion Titles, Soloists MUST ENTER the Protégé National Championship in their age category. To compete in the Protégé section, dancers must compete in a minimum of THREE Finals sections as well as the Protégé Championship. Up to TEN GRAND FINALISTS based on point score will be chosen from the Protégé Championship section to progress to the Grand Final to compete for Major Prizes.
- Due to the current government overseas travel ban, our Grand Champion Major Prizes will this year consist of CASH, SCHOLARSHIPS and SPONSORED PRIZES.
- All Dancers who take part in the Protégé National Championship sections will be eligible to learn a special group piece by one of our top choreographers to be performed at Grand Final.
- Every Dancer @ Nationals must also purchase a PERFORMER’S WRISTBAND (also known as ‘REGISTRATION BAND’).
- Dancers who enter Nationals by Friday 16th October qualify for an EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT of $10 on Registration (Performer’s Wristband). Regular rego cost is $75+gst per dancer. REGISTER plus ENTER your Solos, Duo/Trios, or Face of Capezio sections by 16th October to get your registration for $65+gst.
- REMEMBER, YOU MUST REGISTER and then ALSO enter ALL of the sections you wish to compete in.
*Please note, REGISTRATION does NOT automatically enter you into competition sections. Registration covers your Performer’s Wristband which allows access to workshops, stage access to compete, spectating where possible due to capacity restrictions (excludes Grand Final). You must enter the sections you wish to compete in SEPARATELY to REGISTRATION.
What happens if Covid restrictions are re-tightened and the event cannot go ahead in January?
Like everything this year, we have to all be prepared for the ‘unexpected’. If we are unable to deliver Nationals in January due to conditions beyond our control, we will postpone the event to April 2021 and all entries will be rolled forward i.e. no refunds.
You must complete BOTH OF THE STEPS LISTED BELOW for your entry to be valid):
- REGISTER as a National Performer first – cost is $75+gst (or EARLY BIRD RATE is $65+gst if registered by 16th October 2020).
- ENTER EACH SECTION you wish to compete in (you must have qualified in one of our Regional or Online Heats in each genre you are entering with the exception of Nationals-only Protégé section).
- Solos $85+gst each
- Duo/Trio $95+gst each
- Protégé $95+gst
- Model ‘Face of Capezio’ by DanceLife Unite $95+gst
- Improvisation – TBC at a later date
Performers Wristbands for SOLOS, DUO/TRIO, MODELS will be available for collection at DanceLife Unite Nationals upon check-in on Sunday 17th January for your first event at Sydney Olympic Park, Netball Central.
STEP 1 – REGISTER AS A DLU NATIONAL DANCER HERE
PLEASE READ FIRST before completing your entry/ies for Nationals!
By entering a DanceLife Unite event you confirm you have read accepted our Terms and Conditions relating to competition and performance as provided on this website and are willing to adhere to all updated Covid-Safety plans and protocols.
Each section at Nationals will have it’s own awards and National Titles. To compete for Major Awards of overseas travel and training, soloists must enter our PROTEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS and qualify by competing in 3x Solo Sections @ Nationals (does not include Improvisations). You can EITHER repeat a solo in the Protégé Championship OR dance a new routine altogether.
*BY ENTERING YOU CONFIRM YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED WITH ALL TERMS ABOVE FOR DANCELIFE UNITE NATIONALS – JANUARY 2021.
ENTRIES CLOSE FOR SOLO, DUO/TRIO, MODEL NATIONALS ON DECEMBER 11, 2020 OR WHEN SOLD OUT!
ALL STUDENTS AGES TAKEN AT 1ST JANUARY 2020 (as this National Event relates to the 2020 Season).
STEP 2 – ENTER YOUR NATIONAL SECTIONS BELOW
SOLOS @ NATIONALS – ENTER HERE
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 as a DanceLife Unite National Dancer before completing this section.
PROTEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP – ENTER HERE
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1, HAVE QUALIFIED & ENTERED 3x SOLOS (not improvisations) before being eligible for this section. The Protégé National Championship dance is ‘Any Style’ and can be either a repeat from one of your National Solo Sections, or a completely different routine.
DUO/TRIO @ NATIONALS – ENTER HERE
All DUO/TRIO MEMBERS MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 before completing this section.
$20.00 SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS FOR DANCELIFE UNITE NATIONAL PROGRAM. PROGRAM CAN BE PICKED UP @ DANCELIFE UNITE NATIONALS (A PDF VERSION WILL ALSO BE SENT IN ADVANCE TO YOUR REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS)
PLEASE NOTE ALL ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO GST. GST WILL BE ADDED AT PAYPAL CHECKOUT
SPECTATOR’S ENTRY WILL BE AVAILABLE LATER IN THE YEAR