ENTRIES CLOSE – 25th September 2020
How To Enter Heats – School Groups
We will be running your own ONLINE SCHOOL DANCE GROUP Regional Event throughout SEPTEMBER 2020. You will compete – VIA VIDEO – in all of your relevant sections. SO GET DANCING and send us a Video of your dance groups performing all of their intended routines in your own School setting. It can be filmed anywhere … in the basketball court, on the oval, or you can even submit a video of a previous on-stage performance of the routine if you have one. Each competition entry will receive a written critique, plus relevant awards and prizes including Plaques, Ribbons & DLU DOLLARS!!
THEN, throughout OCTOBER all your routines will be re-assessed at a National Level BY TOP INDUSTRY JUDGES with entries from across the NATION! School Dance Groups from QLD, NSW, VIC & TAS will battle it out for the NATIONAL TITLES in each category AND a top prize of $500 CASH for the NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPIONS!!
What you need to do:
- IF YOU HAD ALREADY ENTERED DLU THIS SEASON, please send us an email confirming you would like to participate in our exclusive ONLINE SCHOOLS DANCE BATTLE in your region and NATIONAL ONLINE SCHOOLS DANCE BATTLE to email@example.com
- IF YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED DLU THIS SEASON PEASE COMPLETE ENTRY AND PAY BELOW.
- Then, upload your videos to YouTube and set them to UNLISTED (please allow time for this as they can take quite a while to load).
- When you load them as UNLISTED, this means that nobody else can see them except the person you share the URL link with so there is no chance of child protection issues or plagiarism!
- Then from September 1st-25th, SEND US YOUR YOUTUBE LINKS for EACH ITEM – there will be a separate URL for each routine if you load separately – this is what we need for each section so please don’t load all routines as one long video – they must be separated to be placed in the correct sections.
- ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED BY OUR EXPERT JUDGES ONCE ENTRIES CLOSE ON 25TH SEPTEMBER. RESULTS WILL BE ISSUED VIA EMAIL IN EARLY OCTOBER. WE WILL THEN MAIL OUT ALL CRITIQUES AND RELEVANT PRIZES.
- We will AUTOMATICALLY then enter your troupes into our NATIONAL ONLINE SCHOOLS DANCE BATTLE which will be judged in late OCTOBER by INDUSTRY EXPERTS and all results, titles and awards announced early November!!
- Troupe Entry fee: $55 +gst per group routine
- Upload to YouTube a good quality recording of the Troupe, Crew or School Group stage performance from the past 12 months. Set your YouTube account to ‘Unlisted’ – NOT ‘Private’ – if you would like to keep the clip from being available publicly. Then, copy and paste the YouTube URL into the online entry form, complete all entry details and pay relevant entry fees via PayPal or credit card. We have a YouTube tutorial available on the entry page for your convenience. [Contact us if you need assistance with this step: firstname.lastname@example.org or M: 0422 986362]
- Schools may enter a maximum of two routines in each category per age group.
- Expert Judges will professionally adjudicate all acts for each heat via the YouTube links as they would for a live performance – in sections, in order and once only
- Registrations for Nationals will be open to qualified acts once results are announced.
PLEASE ENTER BELOW USING PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD.