SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS, PROTEGE & DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH @ DLU National Finals – JANUARY 2024!
The DanceLife Team are looking forward to welcoming you to SOLO NATIONALS!
By entering our event you agree to adhere to our Terms & Conditions of entry
We are excited to announce DanceLife Unite Solo Nationals dates are 22nd-25th January 2024! National Finals & Grand Final for SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS, PROTEGE & DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH will be held at Bankstown Sports Club in Sydney.
Qualifying Reminders …
SOLOISTS & DUO/TRIO entrants must have QUALIFIED at either a DANCELIFE UNITE LIVE or ONLINE EVENT with 80 points or above OR at an OFFICIAL QUALIFIER EVENT (not run by DLU) with either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or HIGHLY COMMENDED to be eligible to enter the DLU National Finals in CELEBRITY SECTIONS. Dancers entering Protege Final Championships DO need to have EITHER done Protégé Regional Championships (DLU EVENT) OR and ELITE CHAMPIONSHIP at a NON-DLU EVENT to qualify and compete in Protégé Championships at National Finals. Protégé Competitors must also compete in at least 3x Final sections PLUS the Protégé National Championship. No repeats for Protégé National Championships except for MINIS (6&U) & PETITES (8&U).
Dancers competing in Solo & Duo/Trio events can qualify for CELEBRITY LEVEL @ National Finals by any of the following means this season:
- Competing at a Live DLU Event and receiving 80 points or above
- Competing in an Online Heat and receiving 80 points or above – Online Heat One (June/July), Online Heat Two (October/November)
- Competing at a NON-DLU Official Qualifier event and receiving 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or Highly Commended in Open or Elite sections.
‘TITLES’ @ DLU NATIONALS for all genres of dance:
- ‘TITLE AWARDS’ @ National Finals. This is NOT an extra performed section, it is a NOMINATION for consideration for a TITLE AWARD in the relevant genre category for your age group.
- TITLE AWARDS (CELEBRITY LEVEL) are available for consideration in the following genres & age groups:
- Ballet, Lyrical, Contemporary, Commercial Contemporary, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Show Dancers, Musical Theatre or Song & Dance, Acro Dance, Open, Rising Star and Newcomer
- 6&U, 8&U, 9&U 10&U, 11&U,12&U, 13&U, 14&U, 15&O
SOLOISTS, DUOS/TRIOS & PROTEGE
- Finals entries are NOW OPEN for QUALIFIED ENTRANTS!
- NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION TITLES – remember to compete for Major Grand Champion Titles, Soloists MUST ENTER the Protégé Final Championship in their age category. To compete in the Protégé section, dancers must compete in a minimum of THREE Finals sections as well as the Protégé Championship. Depending on entries, the Protégé Championships may be run as a straight-out Grand Final, OR the TOP TEN in each age category will progress to the GRAND FINAL based on point scores to compete for Major Prizes.
- Our National Grand Champion Major Prizes will this year consist of CASH, SCHOLARSHIPS, SPONSORED PRIZES & INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES – A PRIZE POOL OF OVER $50,000 will be shared among our incredible winning dancers!
- Every Dancer @ Nationals must purchase a PERFORMER’S WRISTBAND (also known as ‘REGISTRATION BAND’).
- Registration covers Programming, Insurance, Spectating (which now includes Grand Final) Workshops for relevant age groups (from Junior & above).
- Dancers of MINI (6&u) and PETITE (8&U) age groups can purchase registration without workshops included at a slightly reduced rate ($65+gst).
- Dancers of this age group who DO wish to take workshops can purchase the Junior workshop option for an additional $10.
- Dancers aged JUNIOR & ABOVE are able to participate in the dance workshops and their PERFORMER’S WRISTBAND is $75+gst.
- REMEMBER, YOU MUST REGISTER and then ALSO enter ALL of the sections you wish to compete in.
*Please note, REGISTRATION does NOT automatically enter you into competition sections. Registration covers your Performer’s Wristband which allows access to workshops, stage access to compete, spectating where possible due to capacity restrictions (now includes Grand Final). You must enter the sections you wish to compete in SEPARATELY to REGISTRATION.
You must complete BOTH OF THE STEPS LISTED BELOW for your entry to be valid):
- REGISTER as a National Final Performer first – cost is $65+gst (for MINI & PETITE without Workshops) or $75+gst (for JUNIORS & ABOVE)
- ENTER EACH SECTION you wish to compete in.
- PLEASE NOTE:
– DANCERS DO NOT HAVE TO COMPETE IN THE SAME GENRE AT NATIONALS AS WHAT THEY QUALIFIED AT HEATS IN.
– DANCERS WHO COMPETE IN PROTÉGÉ CHAMPIONSHIPS IN HEATS CAN NOW DO UNLIMITED SOLOS @ NATIONAL FINALS PLUS NATIONAL PROTÉGÉ CHAMPIONSHIP & IMPROVISATIONS.
– DANCERS WHO COMPETE WITH 3 OR LESS ROUTINES AT HEATS, CAN ENTER ANY 3 NATIONAL FINALS PLUS IMPROVISATIONS AND THE RISING STAR SECTION ONLY.
– PROTEGE CHAMPIONSHIPS MUST NOW BE ENTERED AT DLU REGIONAL OR ONLINE HEAT LEVEL IN ORDER TO COMPETE IN PROTÉGÉ AT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS OR IN NON-DLU QUALIFIER EVENT EQUIVALENT CHAMPIONSHIPS AT OPEN OR ELITE LEVEL. – IMPROVISATION SECTIONS, ‘TITLES’ AND DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH CAN NOW BE ENTERED WITHOUT QUALIFICATION AT DLU OR NON-DLU EVENTS.
- Solos $85+gst each
- Duo/Trio $95+gst each
- Protégé $95+gst
- Improvisation $45+gst each
- Title Award Entry $25+gst each
- DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH $95
Performers Wristbands for SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS will be available for collection at DanceLife Unite Finals upon check-in for your first event at Nationals.
STEP 1 – REGISTER AS A DLU NATIONAL FINAL DANCER – MINI & PETITE – HERE
PLEASE READ FIRST before completing your entry/ies for Finals!
By entering a DanceLife Unite event you confirm you have read accepted our Terms and Conditions relating to competition and performance as provided on this website and are willing to adhere to all updated Covid-Safety plans and protocols.
ENTRIES WILL CLOSE FOR SOLO, DUO/TRIO & DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH FINALS WHEN SOLD OUT!
ALL STUDENTS AGES TAKEN AT 1ST JANUARY 2023 (as this Finals Event relates to the 2023 Season).
STEP 2 – ENTER YOUR FINAL SECTIONS BELOW
SOLOS @ FINALS – ENTER HERE (CELEBRITY LEVEL)
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 as a DanceLife Unite Final Dancer before completing this section.
PROTEGE FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP – ENTER HERE (CELEBRITY LEVEL)
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1, HAVE QUALIFIED & ENTERED 3x SOLOS (Improvs not counted as qualifiers) before being eligible for this section. The Protégé Finals Championship dance is ‘Any Style’ and MUST BE a different routine to any performed in your Solo Sections (except for MINI 6&U or PETITE 8&U where a dancer can repeat a routine)
DUO/TRIO @ FINALS – ENTER HERE (CELEBRITY LEVEL)
All DUO/TRIO MEMBERS MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 before completing this section.
DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH – ENTER HERE
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 before completing this section.
$20.00 ‘SHIPPING AND HANDLING’ FEE ADDED AT CHECKOUT IS FOR ADMINISTRATION RELATING TO PROGRAMMING FOR DANCELIFE UNITE FINALS PROGRAM. THIS COVERS ALL COMMUNICATION & PROGRAMMING RELATING TO THIS EVENT.
PLEASE NOTE ALL ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO GST. GST WILL BE ADDED AT PAYPAL CHECKOUT
SPECTATOR’S ENTRY WILL BE AVAILABLE CLOSER TO THE EVENT