SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS, PROTEGE & DANCE MODEL-SEARCH @ DLU National Finals – JANUARY 2024!
The DanceLife Team are looking forward to welcoming you to SOLO NATIONALS!
By entering our event you agree to adhere to our Terms & Conditions of entry
We are excited to announce DanceLife Unite Solo Nationals dates are 22nd-25th January 2024! National Finals & Grand Final for SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS, PROTEGE & DLU DANCE-MODEL SEARCH Competition will be held at Bankstown Sports Club in Sydney.
Qualifying Reminders …
‘APPRENTICE LEVEL’ SOLOISTS & DUO/TRIO entrants must have QUALIFIED at an OFFICIAL QUALIFIER EVENT (not run by DLU) with either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or HIGHLY COMMENDED in a NOVICE, RESTRICTED OR SPECIALLY RESTRICTED SECTION to be eligible to enter the DLU National Finals in APPRENTICE SECTIONS. Dancers entering APPRENTICE CHAMPIONSHIPS need to have qualified by competing with THREE routines at APPRENTICE level at DLU Nationals and the Championship dance CAN be a repeat from those sections in all age groups (does not apply for CELEBRITY LEVEL).
Dancers competing in Solo & Duo/Trio events can qualify for APPRENTICE LEVEL @ National Finals by any of the following means this season:
- Competing at a NON-DLU Official Qualifier event and receiving 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or Highly Commended in restricted or specially restricted.
‘TITLES’ @ DLU NATIONALS for all genres of dance:
- ‘TITLE AWARDS’ @ National Finals. This is NOT an extra performed section, it is a NOMINATION for consideration for a TITLE AWARD in the relevant genre category for your age group.
- TITLE AWARDS (APPRENTICE LEVEL) are available for consideration in the following genres & age groups:
- Ballet, Lyrical, Contemporary, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Any-Style (Open)
- 6&U, 8&U, 9&U 10&U, 11&U,12&U, 13&U, 14&U, 16&U
SOLOISTS, DUOS/TRIOS & APPRENTIC CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Finals entries are NOW OPEN for QUALIFIED ENTRANTS!
- Every Dancer @ Nationals must purchase a PERFORMER’S WRISTBAND (also known as ‘REGISTRATION BAND’).
- Registration covers Programming, Insurance, Spectating (which now includes Grand Final) Workshops for relevant age groups (from Junior & above).
- Dancers of MINI (6&u) and PETITE (8&U) age groups can purchase registration without workshops included at a slightly reduced rate ($65+gst).
- Dancers of this age group who DO wish to take workshops can purchase the Junior workshop option for an additional $10.
- Dances aged JUNIOR & ABOVE are able to participate in the dance workshops and their PERFORMER’S WRISTBAND is $75+gst.
- REMEMBER, YOU MUST REGISTER and then ALSO enter ALL of the sections you wish to compete in.
*Please note, REGISTRATION does NOT automatically enter you into competition sections. Registration covers your Performer’s Wristband which allows access to workshops, stage access to compete, spectating where possible due to capacity restrictions (now includes Grand Final). You must enter the sections you wish to compete in SEPARATELY to REGISTRATION.
You must complete BOTH OF THE STEPS LISTED BELOW for your entry to be valid):
- REGISTER as a National Final Performer first – cost is $65+gst (for MINI & PETITE without Workshops) or $75+gst (for JUNIORS & ABOVE)
- ENTER EACH SECTION you wish to compete in.
- PLEASE NOTE:
– DANCERS DO NOT HAVE TO COMPETE IN THE SAME GENRE AT NATIONALS AS WHAT THEY QUALIFIED AT HEATS IN.
– DANCERS WHO COMPETE IN APPRENTICE LEVELS CAN ALSO ENTER IMPROVISATIONS AND ‘RISING STAR’ SECTIONS AT ‘CELEBRITY’ (ELITE) LEVEL.
IMPROVISATION SECTIONS, ‘TITLES’ AND THE DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH CAN NOW BE ENTERED WITHOUT QUALIFICATION AT DLU OR NON-DLU EVENTS.
- Solos $85+gst each
- Duo/Trio $95+gst each
- APPRENTICE CHAMPIONSHIP $95+gst
- Improvisation $45+gst each
- Title Award Entry $25+gst each
- DLU National Model Search $95
Performers Wristbands for SOLOS, DUO/TRIOS will be available for collection at DanceLife Unite Finals upon check-in for your first event at Nationals.
STEP 1 – REGISTER AS A DLU NATIONAL FINAL DANCER – MINI & PETITE – HERE
PLEASE READ FIRST before completing your entry/ies for National Finals!
By entering a DanceLife Unite event you confirm you have read accepted our Terms and Conditions relating to competition and performance as provided on this website and are willing to adhere to all updated Covid-Safety plans and protocols.
ENTRIES WILL CLOSE FOR SOLO, DUO/TRIO & DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH FINALS WHEN SOLD OUT!
ALL STUDENTS AGES TAKEN AT 1ST JANUARY 2023 (as this National Event relates to the 2023 Season).
STEP 2 – ENTER YOUR NATIONAL SECTIONS BELOW
SOLOS @NATIONALS – ENTER HERE (APPRENTICE LEVEL)
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 as a DanceLife Unite National Dancer before completing this section.
APPRENTICE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP – ENTER HERE
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1, HAVE QUALIFIED & ENTERED 3x SOLOS (Improvs not counted as qualifiers) before being eligible for this section. The Protégé NATIONAL Championship dance is ‘Any Style’ and MUST BE a different routine to any performed in your Solo Sections (except for MINI 6&U or PETITE 8&U where a dancer can repeat a routine)
DUO/TRIO @ NATIONAL – ENTER HERE (CELEBRITY LEVEL)
All DUO/TRIO MEMBERS MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 before completing this section.
DLU NATIONAL DANCE-MODEL SEARCH – ENTER HERE
You MUST REGISTER ABOVE in STEP 1 before completing this section.
$20.00 ‘SHIPPING AND HANDLING’ FEE ADDED AT CHECKOUT IS FOR ADMINISTRATION RELATING TO PROGRAMMING FOR DANCELIFE UNITE FINALS PROGRAM. THIS COVERS ALL COMMUNICATION & PROGRAMMING RELATING TO THIS EVENT.
PLEASE NOTE ALL ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO GST. GST WILL BE ADDED AT PAYPAL CHECKOUT
SPECTATOR’S ENTRY WILL BE AVAILABLE CLOSER TO THE EVENT